Banter Message Board

EC GrapeApe

Joined: 1/1/16 Posts: 2600
Likes: 2296

UNCW just pulled the plug on classes through Friday, with mandatory evac

Going into place at 5 tomorrow.

They’re obviously closer to the coast than us and a day closer to impact, but they’ve now made their call. UNCP will likely be the next in line .... and will too likely err on the side of caution as well considering the similarity to the forcasted track and ultimate damage caused by Matthew.

Still no reason for us to jump immediately, but I expect sometime tomorrow we’ll either see a forcasted track (with improved confidence levels) that minimizes concern for all but those on the immediate coast, or ECU will follow UNCW’s lead and officially shut down through a day or so after the expected event (aka a strong probability of at least tropical storm force winds) ends.


Posted: 09/02/2019 at 12:54PM


Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:

Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:

Current Thread:
  As has Methodist University for the week ** -- Ways1 09/02/2019 10:15PM
  Lame. So did NHCS ** -- PirateJordan 09/02/2019 2:21PM
  Lame? Really?.... -- PirateLooksat40 09/02/2019 7:07PM
  I’m tired of waiting. Bring it on. ** -- bucu 09/02/2019 2:12PM
  ECU won't make the call till late Wednesday ** -- bwpirate 09/02/2019 1:37PM
  VT wants us to wait until Thursday :) ** -- CanePirate 09/02/2019 2:18PM
  😂😂 ** -- JollyRoger 09/02/2019 5:55PM
  UNCW got learned the last hurricane. -- SuperRegionalDreaming 09/02/2019 1:23PM
  ECU won't make the call until Wednesday pm ** -- bwpirate 09/02/2019 1:22PM

Support BYB: Shop at Amazon!